Friday, March 12, 2010

resting

i love babies. love. babies.
i especially love holding a baby, its warm little body snuggled in my arms, legs bent, hands tucked, lips puckered, eyelids drooping, nodding off to sleep. a fierce protectiveness stirs in me, i think because i realize just how helpless this little thing is. but it needs me. it's safe here, so it sleeps. i'm always amazed.
i think sometimes that i am a toddler in my Father's arms and all i ever do is kick and scream.
what does it take to quiet my soul?
most days i just want to crawl in Your lap and close my eyes and just rest there. to hear you sing to me. to leave my thoughts and worries somewhere else and just be still. with you. maybe i think you're too busy for me to bother you. maybe i think you won't take me back.
but, you see me from a long way off. and you run to me so you can embrace me. hug me. bear hug me.
no more fear.
your love compels.
quiet now,
be still.

1 comment:

  1. i love you and your thoughts :) and that you love babies as much as i do
    ~charlie

    ReplyDelete